Tires/Goodyear Eagle GT ii P225/70 R-15 Large Letter Radial Tires

I am trying to find out the wheel height (or diameter) for the Goodyear Eagle GT ii P225/70 R-15 Large Letter Radial Tires

These are no longer manufactured but is there any way to find out the manufacturers specification for these tires?

It might be helpful if I knew why you wanted to know that information.

For example, if you are trying to calculate the rolling diameter, that is a different question.  It is NOT the overall diameter and a good approximation is 97% of the overall diameter (3% less)

But if you are concerned about clearance in the fenderwells, then you need to be aware that the worst case is with the suspension fully compressed and the steering wheel fully turned. - which is extremely difficult to do.  Not to mention that tires are flexible and they distort under cornering, which makes the problem doubly difficult.

Also. you are aware that there are calculators that can give you that information, right?  Here's my favorite:

Unlike other calculators, they have factored in that 3% value into the revs per mile.

But the real problem is that this calculator (and the all others) assume that the tire manufacturer is manufacturing the tire to those dimensions - which they do not have to do.

Unfortunately, unless you call the manufacturer, I know of no archive for tire dimensions.  I also think that the tire manufacturer might NOT have such an archive, too.  But they are the best bet.

Here's Goodyear's phone number:

1-800-321-2136. They’re available Monday - Friday 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m. ET.  

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.