Tires/new rims

I just ordered a 3in. Lift kit and wheel spacers...I plan on getting 31/10.5/15 tires. I want to get new rims. I need to know the dimentions of 15in rim that will work with the tires as it will be an aftermarket rim. Like 15 by 8 or 15 by 10.  Also lug nut specs .

The manufacturers of tires publish dimensions AND the allowable rim widths.  For a 31X10.50R15LT, the allowable rim width is 7" to 9".

Lug Nuts?  Those are tied to the studs - which vary.  Here's a guide published by a specific manufacturer of lug nuts and related parts:  

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.