Tires/Tire ID Number

My auto mechanic installed four new CS4 Cooper Tires (205/55/16H) on my car yesterday. I tried to register them on the cooper site but no matter how I input the information he wrote down for me, I didnt succeed. The url responded with >tire ID number not found. Please verify that your tire numbers are correct<

This is the info I was given DOT # U9OF CLF 0614 029545+s

1) do those numbers look right to you?
2) How do I input them on the Cooper site?

Thank you for your time and the sharing of your expertise.

The mechanic gave you too many digits.

I think the code the computer is looking for is:  U9OFCLF0614 (no spaces)

It is possible that there needs to be a blank between the F and the C (Space #5)

Here's a write up I wrote on what the code is, how it is structured and how it can be decoded:

I went to Cooper's web site and I see where you put in the tire ID, but it is unclear what format they are looking for.  The above is my best guess.  If you have further trouble, I suggest you call them at 1-800-854-6288.  I'm sure they will be able to assist you.  

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.