Tires/Camper tires

Question
What is the difference between 570 x 8 and 480 x 8 tires for a 1965 Apache Buffalo pop-up cotaamper?  I thought I was ordering two of the 570 but received the 480.  Can the 480 be used when the original was 570?  Thanks for any help you can give!

Answer
Bob,

A 5.70 - 8 is a tire size designated for trailer usage.  So is a 4.80 - 8.

But they do have different load carrying capacities and different diameters.  

No, a 4.80 - 8 can NOT be used in place of a 5.70 - 8, or at least not without some additional information.

I would call the folks you bought those from and have them provide you with the correct tire. BTW, you need to specify the Load Range or Ply Rating.  Both come in different Load Ranges and that affects the load carrying capacity and the maximum inflation pressure.  

Tires

Barry Smith