Tires/Tire Conversion (possibly out of date tire)

Question
I have a trailer tire that I need replaced and I can't seem to find it anywhere, it is a 6.70-15LT Load Range C Tubeless, 6 ply rating, 4 nylon tread plies, 4 nylon sidewall plies and the brand is Mohawk Ult1m1ler. Can this size be converted into a more common size i.e. ST225/75D-15" like I see most tires? I've been told it's a hard tire to find so if I can match it up to a commonly used tire that would be great.

Answer
Dusty,

Over the years the sizing system has changed.  While there won't be a direct replacement, there will likely be something that will work.

A 6.70-15LT Load Range C has a diameter of 28.4", a width of 7.5" on a 5" rim, with an allowable rim width range of 4 1/2" to 6" and a load carrying capacity of 1520# @ 50 psi (single).

An ST205/75D15 LR C has a diameter of 27.1", a width of 8.0" on a 5 1/2" rim (7.8" on a 5" rim) with an allowable rim width of range of 5" to 6 1/2", and a load carrying capacity of 1820# @ 50 psi.

That looks like that works.  

Tires

Barry Smith