Tires/tire swaping

I'm looking a 92 camry. the tires are almost bald. I bought new tires for my 04 suzuki aerio sx 3 months ago and the engine blew. I was wondering if a should get a hub converter or see if i can find some 15" rims for the camry and have the tires swapped over to the new rims. I was hoping to recoup some of the money paid for the tires

First, the tires from the Suzuki are too small for the Camry.

Second, The bolt patterns are completely incompatible.

Third, consensus says that trying to adapt a wheel to a vehicle is fraught with issues - not a good idea.

I would sell the wheels ought right and get the correct tires.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.