Tires/Tires

Question
I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I rock cut a Goodyear Wrangler tire that came with the Jeep. Can I put a good 10 ply AT tire on the Jeep without sacrificing the ride. I use to use Yokohama Geolanders on my old pickup with no problems for years. Will the inflation pressures on these tires (50 plus lbs) make for a harder ride with the jeep?

Answer
John,

Can you put on a 10 ply tire without sacrificing ride?  No.  As a general rule, LT tires ride worse than the P type tires you got with the Jeep.

On top of that, an LT tire of the same dimensions will need to be inflated to 15 psi more than the vehicle tire placard indicates to get the same load carrying capacity - further hurting the ride.

Tires

Barry Smith