I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I rock cut a Goodyear Wrangler tire that came with the Jeep. Can I put a good 10 ply AT tire on the Jeep without sacrificing the ride. I use to use Yokohama Geolanders on my old pickup with no problems for years. Will the inflation pressures on these tires (50 plus lbs) make for a harder ride with the jeep?

Can you put on a 10 ply tire without sacrificing ride?  No.  As a general rule, LT tires ride worse than the P type tires you got with the Jeep.

On top of that, an LT tire of the same dimensions will need to be inflated to 15 psi more than the vehicle tire placard indicates to get the same load carrying capacity - further hurting the ride.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.