Tires/different tire size between front and rear

Question
I have a 2005 Cadillac SRX V6 3.6 DELUXE EQUIPMENT, AND SPECS ASK FOR 235 60 R18 on the front and 255 55 r18 at rear , can I put the four tires of same size??? (235 60 r18)  I choose the front ones because the rear ones are wider and could be heavier for the front suspension, also I want to do the normal rotation on all my car tires

Answer
Roberto,

It took a bit of digging, but the best information I have is that the rear tires have a larger load carrying capacity - and I think that means you will have to use a higher inflation pressure if you decide to use the same size as the front tires - +4 psi compared to the fronts.

Other than that, I see no reason not to go there.  Just be aware that some tire shops may not want to deviate from what is on the vehicle tire placard.  You may have to shop around to find one who will.

Tires

Barry Smith