Tires/Manuf. date of tires

Date code for 3 Goodyear Speedway Wide-Tread NF Nylon F70-14 tires, DOT #: KSO1123, KSO1156 & KSO1513.I believe that these tires were on my new 1967 Mustang GT when I took delivery on June 28, 1967?
Also date code for a set of F70-14 Goodyear Custom Wide Tread Polyglas tires I purchased on 6-8-1970, DOT # AKNBL8DP on all 4 tires.
See images;
Thank you

The format for the DOT code was set in the late 1960's.  So the original tires on your Mustang would NOT have the current DOT coding.  They would have codes unique to the manufacturer - and every manufacturer was different.  I do not know what Goodyear's were in that timeframe, but the coding you gave me for the Speedway tires is unfamiliar.

However, the Polyglas is familiar - except it is missing the date code, which will be in a 3 number format (week/week/year) following the letters.

- BUT -

It is in the wrong position.  That series of digits ought to follow the letters "DOT" and they don't!  Further, the first 2 digits are supposed to be the plant and AK = Uniroyal - which doesn't make sense.  I suspect that series of digits is NOT the DOT code.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.