Tires/Tires front and back.

I have a Hyundai Sonata 2011, Went to a tire shop to put 2 new tires in the front and put the front tires in the back. The 2 new tires that they install are 205/65R16 95H M+S, the other 2 (used)tires are P205/65R16 94H M+S will there be any type of safety issue with these 2 new tires or are they OK?  Thanks.

For practical purposes, there is no difference between a P205/65R16 and a 205/65R16.  What matters much, much more, is the difference between the tires themselves - and I can't tell you if there would be a safety issue or not without knowing the particulars about each - and for practical purposes I have to assume the tire dealer took reasonable care in selecting tires that are compatible.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.