Tires/tire pressure

I have a dodge pickup that has 265/R75-16 I have went to ten ply do to off road driving what is correct air pressure tire says 80psi I currently have 60psi load rate 123N

If you are using an LT265/75R16, then you need to use 15 psi more than what they vehicle tire placard says.  The vehicle tire placard is located on the driver's door frame on modern cars, and older car it might also be located in the glove box, on a fuel filler door or in the trunk.

Barry Smith

I have over 30 years experience in the design, manufacturing, and testing of tires. I have served as the technical advisor to the "800" number. I have authored or co-authored many publications - usually without credit. I can answer almost any technical question, but please don`t ask me to compare brands. I probably have prejudices because of my work experience.

Member SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Member Tire Society (Tire Technical Organization) SCCA Regional Competiton License holder Authored many training manuals on tires, their care and use.

SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Tire Society

You may want to visit my web site:

I am a graduate of the University of Dayton, Dayton, OH - BME, 1971 I attended graduate school at the University of Akron - but did not complete my PhD - something I regret.