Top 40/Pop Music/what 80s group sang this & what is title

Norm wrote at 2013-05-28 11:59:47
Yep, I heard that same song yesterday on a radio station out of Johnson, SC.  They did not identify the band, but the song is killer.  Still looking, maybe I'll call them....

Norman Taylor wrote at 2013-05-28 18:41:26
The answer is the PM band, an offshoot of Jimmy Buffet's Coral Reefers, and simply called "Piece of Paradise." PM is Peter and Jim Mayer.  The CD may be a tough find but copies of the 45 are available on the GEMM website and a live version by Jim Mayer is aviable as a download on amazon.  Happy hunting.  Norman Taylor

Top 40/Pop Music

Steve Anderson, MA

Nearly anything on the Beatles or the British invasion of the mid 60s, popular music Top 40 Chart information, Billboard chart information through 1955-1989. Tracking down titles from lyric samples, or background information of famous musical groups from 1955-1989. Chart occurances of songs on the Billboard Hot 100

Radio research for Billboard magazine, on-air personality 15 years, Master's Degree, American History

Society of American Historians, California Teacher's Association, Phi Beta Kappa

Bachelor's Degree, American History (1986, Master's Degree, American History (1990)