Top 40/Pop Music/Looking for title/artist

Question
Good day to you. I have been searching for the title to a song and have so far been unsuccessful. It was by a male artist (I thought it was Jason Mraz but I couldnt find it in his song list).I believe it was in the early 2000's. The lyrics count up a person's life from about 2 to 98. Not every year but something like 2,23,45,60,98, for example. It has a slow tempo and touches your heart. I wish I could tell you more. Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

Answer
Hi Maria,

Your description sounds a lot like "100 Years" by Five For Fighting, which reached #28 on Billboard's Hot 100 and #1 on the Adult Contemporary chart in 2004.  Five for Fighting is not an actual "band" in the traditional sense, but the performing name of American singer-songwriter John Ondrasik.  He is also known for the songs "Superman (It's Not Easy)" (2001) and "The Riddle" (2006).  Here is a link to the video for "100 Years": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR-qQcNT_fY&feature=kp  Hopefully, this is what you were looking for.

Thanks,
Erick

Top 40/Pop Music

Erick Byrd