Top 40/Pop Music/Looking for title/artist

Good day to you. I have been searching for the title to a song and have so far been unsuccessful. It was by a male artist (I thought it was Jason Mraz but I couldnt find it in his song list).I believe it was in the early 2000's. The lyrics count up a person's life from about 2 to 98. Not every year but something like 2,23,45,60,98, for example. It has a slow tempo and touches your heart. I wish I could tell you more. Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

Hi Maria,

Your description sounds a lot like "100 Years" by Five For Fighting, which reached #28 on Billboard's Hot 100 and #1 on the Adult Contemporary chart in 2004.  Five for Fighting is not an actual "band" in the traditional sense, but the performing name of American singer-songwriter John Ondrasik.  He is also known for the songs "Superman (It's Not Easy)" (2001) and "The Riddle" (2006).  Here is a link to the video for "100 Years":  Hopefully, this is what you were looking for.

Top 40/Pop Music

Erick Byrd

I can answer all questions related to hit songs and pop artists of the rock and roll era. My specialty is U.S. Billboard Top 40 chart history and one hit wonders from 1950's through the 90's. I can also research lyrics to songs. I am more knowledgeable in the area of pop and rock songs, but I am willing to research soul and country songs. I cannot answer questions relating to classical, jazz, or rap songs. Also, I'm not an expert on music videos.

I am an avid reader of Joel Whitburn Top 40 books and a collector of all pop and rock hit songs.

My educational credentials include a college degree in history and over twenty-five years of life experience as a fan of popular music.