Towing Issues/special tag for tow trucks

swag wrote at 2010-09-09 00:16:47
I heard you have to register truck commercial, get bonded, federal ID#, and then get special tag for transporting vehicles from the BMV in Columbus. They're the same tags that car lots use. this is only hearsay. ask a car lot how they get their tags. Hope this helped

Bull wrote at 2011-02-20 11:45:32
Contact the dealers division of the BMV in Columbus that is how I got mine. you are allowed 1 plate per unit plus 1 extra.

will wrote at 2012-11-02 00:14:35
You can only file for special plate online. You will find the application in the dealer section.  Your local branch can not help you, it has to be online.  They will show up and want to see all trucks before issuing the plates.  

Towing Issues

Professional towing and recovery operator for 31 Plus years, dealing with light to heavy duty towing operations... Nationally certified by various agencies - associations.. Been answering questions here for 6 + years now on AllExperts. I know that many people do not understand vehicle towing when ordered by Law Enforcement or from Private Property Parking lots, which I will try to help with. BUT, I DO NOT AND WILL NOT ANSWER ANY RV TOWING ISSUES, or actual law cases or proposed cases...

I have 30+ years of towing experience dealing with everything from Light duty ( cars and pickups ) to tractor trailer rigs, motor homes and buses.. Motor clubs to police calls, lockouts to jumpstarts and tows. I have experienced alot of fun times doing my job. Some have been good experiences and some of have been heart wrenching experiences.

Been affiliated with TRAA(towing and recovery association of america), Oregon Tow Truck Association, Washington Tow Truck Association, Wyoming Tow Truck Association , and Alabama Tow Truck Association

Tow Times Magazine
American Towman
STA Phantom Towing News
Towing and Recovery Phootnotes Footnotes Towing and Recovery News

TRAA Heavy duty Trained operator 1987
TRAA Management Classes   1986
Wreckmaster training programs (since 1992)
Several other training programs (to many to list )