Towing Issues/towing charges

John wrote at 2008-09-05 19:15:25
Most cities have a municipal towing ordinance which regulates the amount a city tower can charge. You were grossly overcharged. The City of Clifton just increased the ordinance rates on 8/1/08 but back in April they were much less. This is a case of consumer fraud which entitles you to treble damages.

k wrote at 2014-08-05 01:43:43
There is something called the "Predatory Towing Prevention Act" and in CHapter 39 it lists that a company has to list the fees and they are not allowed to charge 25% over, which can be excessive or 50% over.  The towing company can be fined for violations

These Decoupling Fees are wrong, and should not be charged.  I would take them to small claims court.  Storage, and towing and tax, is all that should be charged.  Check with the Clifton Municipality on the charging fees, if any are over the guidelines for 25% there needs to be a complaint sent to the Executive Board President and the Towing Company.

Towing Issues

Richard