Towing Issues/Improperly towing

Lind wrote at 2016-04-16 07:11:58
I have a question. I had a similar issue with this person. However, the towing company didn't receive any phone call. Instead the guy in the tow truck told me he was parked, saw me park, waited til I walked away and then because I crossed the street, he then towed me. Is that illegal? There were other people who parked in the same place and went across the street to other businessss, but he decided to tow mine instead. Luckily he came back and I didn't have to pay anything because the business vendors vouched for me and said they had no problem with me parking there and made no such call. Yet the towing company said they have the right to tow whoever in that parking lot because of a contract.  

Towing Issues

Professional towing and recovery operator for 31 Plus years, dealing with light to heavy duty towing operations... Nationally certified by various agencies - associations.. Been answering questions here for 6 + years now on AllExperts. I know that many people do not understand vehicle towing when ordered by Law Enforcement or from Private Property Parking lots, which I will try to help with. BUT, I DO NOT AND WILL NOT ANSWER ANY RV TOWING ISSUES, or actual law cases or proposed cases...

I have 30+ years of towing experience dealing with everything from Light duty ( cars and pickups ) to tractor trailer rigs, motor homes and buses.. Motor clubs to police calls, lockouts to jumpstarts and tows. I have experienced alot of fun times doing my job. Some have been good experiences and some of have been heart wrenching experiences.

Been affiliated with TRAA(towing and recovery association of america), Oregon Tow Truck Association, Washington Tow Truck Association, Wyoming Tow Truck Association , and Alabama Tow Truck Association

Tow Times Magazine
American Towman
STA Phantom Towing News
Towing and Recovery Phootnotes Footnotes Towing and Recovery News

TRAA Heavy duty Trained operator 1987
TRAA Management Classes   1986
Wreckmaster training programs (since 1992)
Several other training programs (to many to list )