Towing Issues/Thinking if buying a tow company

Beverley wrote at 2013-03-10 16:17:52
Hi I have been a fleet planner for 20+ years CVIP inspection is the annual inspection report you need to look at I is the government regulated (required to do business)annual inspection.

However, that is not enough make sure you ask for and receive all maintenance records for all vehicles involved.  Lift equipment is seriously dangerous all cables require bi-annual and sometime quarterly inspections.  I would ask for trip sheets each driver should do a daily walk around there vehicle and note any damages or repairs required and check all lifting cables for snag wires they are very dangerous as well "should a cable snap under load it has enough force to cut a person in 1/2"  so make sure you take that very seriously.

go to www.servicealberta.ca and find out what documentation the government requires for this industry at least provincially and start from there you may want to call 1-800-OHCANADA for service Canada and see if there are federal requirements and then see if the current operator has been compliant.

Good Luck

Towing Issues

Richard