Towing Issues/Car got towed for no reason

chuycucui wrote at 2013-04-22 02:16:54
The expert doesn't know what he's talking about. A towing of a car becomes a seizure within the meaning of the 4th Amendment. The sheriff or whoever has to have very good probable cause to seizure your car. There are ways to contest the tows. They are called "Tow Hearings", Wow, what a surprise. Just remember federal law trumps state and local law. The police/sheriff are so used to getting their way they think they're legally correct. Bullshit!It's just that to fight or contest a tow is all heavily weighted in the police/sheriffs favor anhd is expensive and complicated. Until someone sues and wins, things will not change. However police policies have been rewritten in L.A. and San Francisco because of lawsuits.      Jesus Garcia

Towing Issues

Professional towing and recovery operator for 31 Plus years, dealing with light to heavy duty towing operations... Nationally certified by various agencies - associations.. Been answering questions here for 6 + years now on AllExperts. I know that many people do not understand vehicle towing when ordered by Law Enforcement or from Private Property Parking lots, which I will try to help with. BUT, I DO NOT AND WILL NOT ANSWER ANY RV TOWING ISSUES, or actual law cases or proposed cases...

I have 30+ years of towing experience dealing with everything from Light duty ( cars and pickups ) to tractor trailer rigs, motor homes and buses.. Motor clubs to police calls, lockouts to jumpstarts and tows. I have experienced alot of fun times doing my job. Some have been good experiences and some of have been heart wrenching experiences.

Been affiliated with TRAA(towing and recovery association of america), Oregon Tow Truck Association, Washington Tow Truck Association, Wyoming Tow Truck Association , and Alabama Tow Truck Association

Tow Times Magazine
American Towman
STA Phantom Towing News
Towing and Recovery Phootnotes Footnotes Towing and Recovery News

TRAA Heavy duty Trained operator 1987
TRAA Management Classes   1986
Wreckmaster training programs (since 1992)
Several other training programs (to many to list )