Towing Issues/police towing michigan

is it mandatory to use police's tow company or can I call my own tow company after an accident?

well in some areas the contracts are set up where the only company is the contracted company.

But there is "owners request" but there are many considerations to that. if the vehicle is blocking the roadway and not able to be moved off the roadway, you might be able to get them to let you use the company you want. But they best be there quick. like in 15 to maybe 20 minutes..
if they are an hour or more away then no you will not get that choice when its a hazard.

Police do not wait for towers when roadways are blocked or its dangerous to leave the vehicle where it is.. Now if you are in a parking lot, they should not have an issue.. But again there are many issues and I only touched on a few of them...

I feel that there is a lot more to this question than you shared with us...

Towing Issues

Professional towing and recovery operator for 31 Plus years, dealing with light to heavy duty towing operations... Nationally certified by various agencies - associations.. Been answering questions here for 6 + years now on AllExperts. I know that many people do not understand vehicle towing when ordered by Law Enforcement or from Private Property Parking lots, which I will try to help with. BUT, I DO NOT AND WILL NOT ANSWER ANY RV TOWING ISSUES, or actual law cases or proposed cases...

I have 30+ years of towing experience dealing with everything from Light duty ( cars and pickups ) to tractor trailer rigs, motor homes and buses.. Motor clubs to police calls, lockouts to jumpstarts and tows. I have experienced alot of fun times doing my job. Some have been good experiences and some of have been heart wrenching experiences.

Been affiliated with TRAA(towing and recovery association of america), Oregon Tow Truck Association, Washington Tow Truck Association, Wyoming Tow Truck Association , and Alabama Tow Truck Association

Tow Times Magazine
American Towman
STA Phantom Towing News
Towing and Recovery Phootnotes Footnotes Towing and Recovery News

TRAA Heavy duty Trained operator 1987
TRAA Management Classes   1986
Wreckmaster training programs (since 1992)
Several other training programs (to many to list )