Towing Issues/illegal tow

Arlin wrote at 2012-05-30 23:23:36
My truck was towed away because of two teen boy and the step father lied to the police. they said my truck was in there field spinning tires. this is so false my truck had mud on it. from the day before I had worked in a field building a shed .they keep are truck for 11 days what can we do to stop the harassing the people have caused a lot of trouble with us before.this was at 12 o clock midnight and they clamed they seen my truck  from 2 acres away .  

chuycucui wrote at 2013-04-21 21:09:48
When the officer ordered the impound or removal of your car, it is within the meaning of the 4th Amendment and becomes a seizure. A seizure without a warrant can be done under certain circumstances. The enactment on April 22, 2005, of the Community Care Taking Doctrine" establishes procedures and conditions. Unfortunately police depts. have their own towing policies that will only change when a serious lawsuit is put on them. This has already happened in L.A. and San Francisco.

chuycucui wrote at 2013-04-21 21:14:10
How did they know your license was suspended? Did you drive into your driveway,park, get out, stayed in car? Were you ticketed for something else, observed breaking the law, observed committing a moving violation?

Towing Issues

Professional towing and recovery operator for 31 Plus years, dealing with light to heavy duty towing operations... Nationally certified by various agencies - associations.. Been answering questions here for 6 + years now on AllExperts. I know that many people do not understand vehicle towing when ordered by Law Enforcement or from Private Property Parking lots, which I will try to help with. BUT, I DO NOT AND WILL NOT ANSWER ANY RV TOWING ISSUES, or actual law cases or proposed cases...

I have 30+ years of towing experience dealing with everything from Light duty ( cars and pickups ) to tractor trailer rigs, motor homes and buses.. Motor clubs to police calls, lockouts to jumpstarts and tows. I have experienced alot of fun times doing my job. Some have been good experiences and some of have been heart wrenching experiences.

Been affiliated with TRAA(towing and recovery association of america), Oregon Tow Truck Association, Washington Tow Truck Association, Wyoming Tow Truck Association , and Alabama Tow Truck Association

Tow Times Magazine
American Towman
STA Phantom Towing News
Towing and Recovery Phootnotes Footnotes Towing and Recovery News

TRAA Heavy duty Trained operator 1987
TRAA Management Classes   1986
Wreckmaster training programs (since 1992)
Several other training programs (to many to list )