Toyota Repair/dash crack

socrmom wrote at 2008-08-17 17:33:53
I, too, live in Texas and a good treatment of Armor All keeps it from getting dry and cracking.  I treat mine about every 3-4 months.  I've never had one crack and the oldest car we have sitting in our driveway right now is a 1993 Toyota Truck extended cab. I usually treat it when I notice it looking dry and dull.

Tknignt wrote at 2009-09-29 21:52:55
I have a 2003 4Runner that has always been garaged (never in the sun) and it developed major cracks above the glove box. I think this is a design flaw since I've found other owners with the problem. I took it to several "dash repair" shops but no one will touch it since the air bag is beneath the cracks. The only solution I've found so far is to replace the entire dash (> $1,000).

VB wrote at 2014-06-29 19:18:24
Never purchase another Toyota.  I have always purchased Toyotas and this is the first and LAST time I will purchase one.  I am disappointed in Toyota's response to an apparent problem. I was looking at the Lexus but maybe now a BMW.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter