Toyota Repair/1992 Toyota Paseo Issues :(

james wrote at 2013-09-13 08:03:53
I have driven this car for a few years and I can say I am a bit familiar with it's issues. It's not the fuel pump but the Idle Air Control problems. The first thing you should check is the valve that is on the left of the Intake manifold. It could be clogged up or has problems. I went to the dealer and they could not tell me what it was, so you might have to get one from a junkyard. It'd be cheap. To know if that's the problem, tap it when the car is running and if the car reacts when you knock on it, get it changed. That happened to my car. You will most likely have to get the Idle Air Control Valve changed too at some point. It almost always acts up on a high mileage car. Hopefully, this solves your problem. It's not really as bad as it sounds. The Toyota Paseo is one of the most reliable cars I have ever known.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems