Toyota Repair/Toyota 4 runner

meee wrote at 2012-11-09 18:23:41
that is normal for the Toyota VZ 3.0 idle normal pressure is 5 psi or higher and at 3000 rpm 35 psi and above , that information is from the factory Toyota service repair manual  

Allen Dulles wrote at 2015-05-11 01:53:07
The Toyota 3.0 1990 4x4 that I own had the same problem and I fixed it. to fix it you need to shim the oil pressure relief valve spring with stainless steel washers, 5 or so will do.. The problem is associated with the bearings and the pump. if the bearings are worn they need more pressure from the pump to equal the amount of space between the bearing surface that is no longer there. The best way is to drop the pan. Replace the rod bearings and or the bottom end and shim the oil pressure relief spring. and or replace the pump and shim the new spring anyways.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems