Toyota Repair/1991 Toyota Corolla cannot move at all

Hi.Good day to you.I have a Toyota Corolla which able to start engine but can't move at all,It seems like the tyre is lock or the brake in on.
My friend was driving and the car suddenly brake and we able the feel the car is 'heavy' to mOve.Hence,we move the car to the side of the road and turn off the engine. few minutes,we able start our engine and drive it like for few minutes.But during the short distance the brake paddle keep shivering and it break down again.This time we totally can't move at all.Even we turn off the engine and try to push the car,it still can't move.The front of the tyre die of turning and the back still are not in problem.
May I know what is the problem?I was told that the gearbox or transmission may break down.Can you please give me some suggestion?Because I currently at a new place and I don't actually know any 'honest' garage here.So,I would like to know the possibility of the break down.
Thank you very much.

It's hard to say what the problem is at this time, I think there is a problem with the brakes, possibly in the front, I recommend that you find a Toyota dealer and have the car towed there to be checked, this a a safety concern so you should not drive it any more at all, if there is no toyota dealer close by contact an auto repair center that specializes in Toyotas and japanese cars.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems