Toyota Repair/How to adjust auto choke

I have a 1996 Toyota hiace
The auto choke stays on even after the vehicle has warmed up
& is using excessive fuel
Cam u please help me with this problem & suggest how to repair the problem

If you can move the choke plate by hand to open and close it then it's most likely an electrical supply issue, I think this choke is electrically operated, If the checke is stuck and can not be moved use some choke cleaner and spray to release the carbon that is built up and the checke shaft , working the plate a little at a time until it is freed up.
I just assumed that it has a carburetor since you said it as a "choke" problem, if this vehicle has fuesl injection my answer would be different.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems