Toyota Repair/Idle Air Control Valve

Question
I Have 97 Toyota T100 3.4L 4wd SR5 Xtra cab truck with a 5 speed tranny. The odometer reads 103885 miles on her. The truck has a high idle that stays up even after its warmup cycle. I live out here in the Pacific On the Island of GUAM. I tried spraying some carb choke cleaner, but still no change. What would be the procedure for checking if IAC valve is stuck, and what type of cleaner should i use. Thank you.

Answer
The IAC valve is attached to the bottom of the throttle body, the valve can be removed with the throttle body off, you can clean both the T/B and the IACV using a carbon removing spray and a brush, the small revolving valve inside the IAC should move freely after cleaning, you should be able to push it all the way open and close leaving a small gap of about 1/16"

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter