Toyota Repair/1995 Corolla

Question
I have a 4 cy manual 1995 Corolla with 162K miles.  After replacing the battery the car started having the following problems.  

It starts right away but will stall unless I keep the rpm up with my foot on the accelerator.  After it warms up it will not stall but the rpm stays very low which is just enough to keep the car running without my foot on the accelerator.  Can hardly tell the car is running.  Once it cools down it's back to stalling unless I keep the rpm up with my foot on the accelerator.  

Put a different battery in the car (same problem persists) to eliminate that connection to the problem even though I assumed the battery change and the idle problem was just coincidental.

Thanks for your help.

Answer
Make sure all vacuum hoses and air intake hoses they may have been removed to get the battery out are re attached, check for cracks on the intake tube from the air filter to the throttle body, clean the inside of the throttle body using a brush and a can of intake cleaner/carb cleaner, clean the carbon deposits out.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter