Toyota Repair/engine

Hi ,
I have Toyota Camry 95, 3000 ccm, 243000 km.
after the engine is on in the morning when the engine is cold , there is a high pitch sound which silenced after 2-3 km.
Im said to add to the full tank of fuel injectors cleaner.
what is yr advise?
best regards

Hello Andrzei, I don't get too many questions from Poland, welcome.
The most common cause for this noise is usually a loose drive belt, there are two belts on this engine, one for the alternator and A/C and one for the power steering, check both of them, they should be very tight and not have any cracks showing, they can be adjusted if necessary, if there are signs of wear they should be replaced which may be necessary at this mileage anyway, you may also consider replacing the timing belt and the water pump and do all at the same time unless they were already replaced earlier.
There is another probable cause but much less common and that is the alternator itself, starting the engine with the belt removed and the noise gone would indicate a possible alternator problem, let me know if any of this was helpful.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems