Toyota Repair/Flashing/blinking Check light

Thank you for your time
This is a follow up to the conversation below.
Its the third cylinder from the passenger's side.
Once again, thank you.

QUESTION: Thank you.
Yes its a 4cylinder engine.
Servicing was done about a week ago (Nov 29th)
I changed the engine oil and oil filter. Cleaned the air filter.
I havnt changed the plug since I bought the car over a year ago.
I noticed the misfire before the servicing but it seems to normalize when it warms up eventually.
Answer:While the engine is idling disconnect each coil lectrical connector starting from the left (passenger side) one at a time, the idle should drop when one cylinder is disabled, one of them may not affect the idle at all, this is the one that is misfiring, let me know which cylinder it is counting from the front of the engine.

Ok, remove the spark plug,this is cylinder #3, if it looks ok replace the coil pack, a common failure on thses engines, you can also switch The #3 coil with another one, let's say #1 which is the first one, then do the cylinder test again, if the misfire moves to #1 then the coil is bad. let me know what happens  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems