Toyota Repair/intake valve stuck open

i have not done a comprestion test yet i parked it went it a store when i came out started it and it was poping back up the intake manafold and had no power it has a hard time starting when hot before this happend cold start is good iam about to get it back running was just hpoeing for somthing simpal before i took it apart  o and it has shifting problem have to clear gear first before shift or shift slow at low rpms it idals ok pops in intake when i give gas

Take a compression reading before taking it apart so you know which cylinder is causing the problem, if all cylinders have the same compression and are all low then the timing belt may be the problem, if only one cylinder is low then it's that cylinder that has a leak.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems