Toyota Repair/Toyota Tercel 1991 Model stalled

Question
Hi Ted,

My car is a Toyota Tercel 1991 model with the following information:-
Model:- EL40R - AEHDS
Engine:- 2E        1296 CC
Frame Number:- EL40 - 0005177
Color - 040 TRIM - HH80
Trans/AXLE  - A132-652
Plant / Built A30

A few months ago a mechanic was driving my car and it stalled with him and it never started since.  He is staying that the problem is a starting problem but other are saying that the car was driving and it drove fine that morning with me with  no starting issues so the problem is something else, can you assist?  He was saying something about the starter in the igniter switch..

Answer
Hello, there are a nuber of things that could be the no start reason, the first thing to do is to see if it's electrical or fuel related:
Check for spark at the spark plugs
if no spark it may be the igniter module or the distributor
Check fuel pressure
if no fuel pressure the fuel pump may be the problem
The timing belt may have slipped or is broken
If the engine does not crank over
the problem may be a dead battery or starter

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter