Toyota Repair/91 toyota test code

QUESTION: 91 toyota pickup 3.0 3vze the code is 12 engine revolution signal missing what does that meen

ANSWER: The rpm signal comes from a pickup coil in the distributor, replace the distributor to take care of this problem

QUESTION: would that cause it to just die while im driving then start back up after a minute or so then drive fine for 5 or 10 miles before it does the same thing this has happened 10 to 15 times

ANSWER: Yes that is a typical symptom.

QUESTION: ok ive replaced the ignitier coil and distributor and cleared the codes but it died when i was driving it , when i got back and checked the codes again it said 12 and 14 when it dies im slowing down to stop any ideas on what else it might be fuel pump or whatever the sensor is thats on the air intake

Not sure what is going on, the 14 code means that the computer does not get an ignition confirmation signal from the computer, the 12 is the same as before loss of rpm signal.
I would check for wiring problems, corroded connectors as well as the connectors at the computer, when you get the code 14 the computer shuts the injectors off. Maybe try another computer.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems