Toyota Repair/heater and air cond not effective

QUESTION: I have a 2002 Toyota Celica GTS, my problem is that very little actual moving air comes out of the vents.  This renders the heater and air conditioner almost completely ineffective.  I have had two mechanics look at the problem, both have assured me that the blower is working fine, but they can't tell me why the heat and air cond. don't want to work properly.  This problem is through all of the settings, whether defrost, floor, or any of the other vents.  The fan/blower turns on and I can hear it run, and you can hear it get louder when you turn the fan up to high.  The last mechanic said he thought it might be a blend door inside the plastic housing under the dash....I would greatly appreciate any advice you may wish to share on the subject.  Thank you and have a great day.

ANSWER: Does it have auto climate control with pushbuttons or manual with knobs and levers?

QUESTION: the controls are manual and seem to function normally.

It's possible that one of the control cables has come of the blend door, remove the glove box and look for a control cable that connects to a blend door make sure it is still attached to the operating lever on the right, also check underneath the left side of the heater control unit, make sure all the cables are moving all the operating levers when moving the dash control knobs.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems