Toyota Repair/2000Corolla idle

Noticed a recent problem.  My resting idling has increased and a vibration  on the left side of engine that even vibrates hood. My friend mechanic measured it on his basic OBD 2 at 745 and it spurted up to 945. Tried to adjust to 500-600 recommended  normal on his OBD 2..  A new PCV was put in.  New Plugs. Plug wires good. Fuel injectors checked. Checked for vacuum leaks. No codes were coming up.  When you stop at a corner even with warmed engine it vibrates(can hear it in drivers seat). But the car drives otherwise smooth. Could it be throttle body or IAC? He recommended to drive to it gets worse or  to go to local Toyota dealer for there "Tech Stream" computer check since his OBD 2 isn't specialized for total Toyota specifics. The dealership is running an October special computer check special.   Thanks .

It may be due to a dirty throttle body, sometimes just cleaning the carbon out of the throttle body helps, the vibration should not be caused by an increase in idle speed, this may be due to a bad motor mount, it's usually the one on the front of the engine that causes vibrations.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems