Toyota Repair/2005 Tundra

Question
I have a 2005 Tundra 8 cylinder that tries to die when coming to a stop and the transmission is downshifting! This only happens in cold weather! What would you suggest is the issue?

Answer
If the check engine light is not on it may be just due to excessive carbon deposits in the throttle body, try cleaning the inside of it using a can of intake/throttle body cleaner and a stiff brush, I also have people tell me that that a product called seafoam works well, it's sold at most autoparts stores, just follow the directions on it but make sure the throttle body is clean, when all done, disconnect the battery for about a minute and drive as usual.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter