Toyota Repair/2013 Toyota tacoma

Question
QUESTION: Ted,
Hope you can help me out. I have a brand new 2013 Toyota Tacoma with only 3,500 miles on it..Ever since I had my truck when driving at speeds around 30 to 35 MPH I hear a low humming noise comming from the drivers engine compartment? And can also feel a vibration underneath my right foot when resting on the gas pedal..They can't seem to find out what the problem is...I am about to trade this thing in if I can't get it fixed.....Steve

ANSWER: hello, did the Toyota dealer acknowledge that the problem exists? Did they agree with you there is a problem but don't know what to do about it?

QUESTION: Ted yes Toyota did acknowledge there is a problem but dont have a clue what it can be...

Answer
Ok, unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, I would recommend to persue this further,
first you should go back and tell them this is not acceptable to you and ask if they have contacted the technical assistance system (TAS) for your region and opened a case, that's the first step, after that if TAS has no solution you can ask for an appointment with the field service tech (TFS)they usually visit the dealer about once a month, the TFS will road test the vehicle and make a determination and possible a recommendation for the dealer on how to proceed, this usually results in a satisfactory solution, if all fails contact Toyota's customer experience department either online or by phone. The key is that they have admitted that this is not normal, you must have this in writing on a repair order and in the dealers customer database, some dealers like to just send customers down the road without a solution hoping you'll go away or go elsewhere, not very professional but it happens
I have given you the steps to follow:
The technician should open a case with TAS
request an appointment with the TFS
Contact Toyota's customer service directly
documentation is very important, any repair attempts should have a record and any statements made by the dealer should be noted on the copies of your repair order, best of luck and by the way, after three documented repair attempts you can mention the word "buyback" it's where the dealer has to buy the truck back from you, this may vary from state to state so be informed before invoking this action.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter