Toyota Repair/SRS Airbag Warning Light

2006 RAV4 2.4L I-4 FWD, 99,800 miles. Bought the car a week ago from dealer (no warranty). Today the SRS Airbag Warning light came on and stayed on. Found instructions how to reset with paper clip by unplugging yellow plug under steering column. No yellow plug there. However, there is a yellow 2-wire plug under the passenger seat. What is the procedure for resetting the SRS warning light? (Don't want to spend 5-600 dollars for dealer to fix.) TIA

The warning light can not be cleared manually on this model, it requires a diagnostic scantool, there is a malfunction with the sysytem that needs to be dianosed, it is not recommended to jumper any of the yellow wires or connectors to prevent accidental airbag deployment, I recommend taking it back to the dealer you bought it from and have them handle it, this is a safety concern and it's only been a week since they sold it to you,sounds like they sold you a car with an existing problem.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems