Toyota Repair/1990 camry power windows problem

Question
QUESTION: I have a 1990 camry  4 dr le with a4cyl auto  90000 miles  the control switch  for the power windows on drivers dr wont raise or lower windows   I can raise or lower windows if I go to one of the separate doors  I was told it was the main switch on drivers  door  changed that  same problem can u help me thanks

ANSWER: Hello, does the main switch operate the driver side window only?

QUESTION: the switch on the drivers dr has switches for all four windows  but none of the windows will go up or down from the drivers door  I can operate the three passenger windows from the passenger door switches

ANSWER: If none of the windows work including the drivers side then check the fuses on the inside fuse box, the windows and door locks are on the same fuse, if the door locks don't work either it could be a fuse

QUESTION: the three passenger windows go up and down from the switch on the passenger doors the power locks work  I can lock out all windows by the lockout switch on drivers dr  I just cant get windows to go up or down from the switch on the drivers door  I bought a new switch for drivers dr  and it changed nothing  any ideas

Answer
yes, check the wiring harness where it passes through the door, you may have to remove the rubber covering, this is a spot that can cause wires to break over time by the door opening/closing, with the door panel off follow the wires to where they connect to an electrical connector in the left kick panel, disconnect the connector and check continuity for each wire to the connector on the switch, the wires are color coded so this should a relatively easy test, you may also visually inspect the wires where they go through from the door to the body, it sounds like the problem is there.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter