Toyota Repair/2005 toyota corolla

my  corolla would not start. I received a jump start which got me home. Once home I shut off the car and tried to restart it. No luck. A jump would not work. I replaced the battery and alternator fuse no luck. Is there another fuse I am missing or do I go straight to the starter?

If the battery is good and the connections are clean and tight then it sounds like it may be a starter problem if there is a single click noise heard when turning the key to start, this means the solenoid is getting voltage to energize the starter, if there is no noise at all you should remove the small wire from the starter solenoid and check for voltage to it when turning the key to start, if it does the starter is the problem, if no voltage then it may be the neutral start switch (if automatic trans) or the clutch start switch if manual transmission.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems