Toyota Repair/2005 toyota corolla

Question
my  corolla would not start. I received a jump start which got me home. Once home I shut off the car and tried to restart it. No luck. A jump would not work. I replaced the battery and alternator fuse no luck. Is there another fuse I am missing or do I go straight to the starter?

Answer
If the battery is good and the connections are clean and tight then it sounds like it may be a starter problem if there is a single click noise heard when turning the key to start, this means the solenoid is getting voltage to energize the starter, if there is no noise at all you should remove the small wire from the starter solenoid and check for voltage to it when turning the key to start, if it does the starter is the problem, if no voltage then it may be the neutral start switch (if automatic trans) or the clutch start switch if manual transmission.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter