Toyota Repair/Toyota Sienna 2007

Question
I have a Toyota Sienna LE 2007 and is near 87,654 mileage. The maintenance reminder always remind me to do valve adjustment. Is it right time to do this work for my van. And how many hours should be good to let them work on it. Thanks.

Answer
Hello, valves rarely go out of adjustment on this engine, if the engine is running good and there is no noise and you have changed oil regularly there is no need to adjust the valves, if the valve covers are leaking oil and they have to be replaced the valves can then be checked at that time, this an expensive job, around $800 at the dealer, so if the valve covers are not leaking there is no need to do anything at this time in my opinion but if you wish to do the valve adjustment just because it is "recommended" then you make that decision.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter