Toyota Repair/Toyota Sienna 2007

I have a Toyota Sienna LE 2007 and is near 87,654 mileage. The maintenance reminder always remind me to do valve adjustment. Is it right time to do this work for my van. And how many hours should be good to let them work on it. Thanks.

Hello, valves rarely go out of adjustment on this engine, if the engine is running good and there is no noise and you have changed oil regularly there is no need to adjust the valves, if the valve covers are leaking oil and they have to be replaced the valves can then be checked at that time, this an expensive job, around $800 at the dealer, so if the valve covers are not leaking there is no need to do anything at this time in my opinion but if you wish to do the valve adjustment just because it is "recommended" then you make that decision.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems