Toyota Repair/More on 2011 Toyota Avalon Wind Noise

I too have a driver side wind noise issue with my 2011 Avalon XLS (Canadian version).  The dealer says they couldn't replicate the issue, but did not drive it on the highway at the proper speed.  Mine also appears at 100-110 Km/h.  Do you know if Toyota has now provided a fix for this?  If not, can the window seal rubber be swollen with an additive to create a tighter seal?  I agree, this should not happen on a car in this class!  (Especailly Toyota).

Thank you.

As far as I know Toyota has not issued a service bulletin for this concern, one thing that the dealer can try to do is to add some very thin felt beind the rubber seals between the seals and the body, the material is available through the dealers parts department and is called a 'wind noise kit' it sounds like this dealer is reluctant to help you if they won't even acknowledge that the problem exists, I would suggest going for a test drive with one of the more knowledgeable employees and get them to admit that the noise is there. If it's still under warranty they should take steps to eliminate this noise.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems