Toyota Repair/brakes changing

Question
I have a 08 scion xb. My front brakes need to be replaced, so I bought a new set of rotors and ceramic pads. My question is, is it hard to change them out myself...ive looked at videos and read how to articles. It seems moderately easy, im just wanted to know if it was a good idea to work on this myself. Also my second question is I bought the new rotors, they are slotted and cross drilled, but my rear brakes are standard. Would that have any effect on my vechile? Thanks

Answer
It's not difficult to replace the rotors and pads, if you have seen the videos then you know to remove the caliper bolts and pull the calipers off the brackets then remove the brake pads and then remove the caliper brackets, once they are off the rotors should just pull off the hubs, if they are rusted some tapping with a hammer and a little penetrating oil will work,you will need to bet the brake pistons back in all the way, a large pair of channelock pliers will work just fine. I know those slotted and drilled rotors look very cool but they do not affect braking, they will literally run a little cooler due to the extra venting, good luck. Let me know if you run into anything that you may need help with.

A small donation is always appreciated since I'm here as a volunteer, thanks.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter