Toyota Repair/key will not turn

Question
hi, on a 2001 toyota tacoma 2wd 5 speed basic truck, over 200k miles. all of a sudden the key will not turn no matter what. I've often had to jiggle the steering wheel to release the key to turn but this is different, it will not turn no matter what I try. It's stuck in a parking lot, not sure what to do. I tried to google search a diagram with no results to try and see how it it put together. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Answer
Hello, either the key or the lock cylinder is worn, most likely the cylinder, usually the cylinder can be pulled out when the key is in the ACC position and depressing the release pin, if this is not an option then it's going to require a locksmith or Toyota dealer to drill the cylinder out and fit a new one.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter