Toyota Repair/Maintance

Question
I have a 2011 Toyota Camry four cylinder engine vechicle.  

Is this vehicle's computer set at certain intervals to show the "Maint Reqd" reminder light to come on.  The reason I ask is I have less than 15,000 miles on this vehicle. I did the required tire rotation at around 5K and the 10,000 mile maintenance at appoximately 9,000 miles.  The "Maint Reqd" reminder came appeared at 14,??? miles.

Thank you for your time and patience, there are a lot of folks that really appreciate it.  Thank you.

Answer
This light is designed to turn on every 5000 miles, chances are that at the last service it was not reset, follow this procedure to reset the light:
Turn the ignition switch on
press the trip/odo switch until the display shows odometer mileage
push and hold the RESET switch
turn the key off and back on
the display should show broken lines and the maint light should flash and then return to normal
with the odometer reading shown
release the reset switch, the light should now stay off
let me know if this worked

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter