Toyota Repair/Maintance

I have a 2011 Toyota Camry four cylinder engine vechicle.  

Is this vehicle's computer set at certain intervals to show the "Maint Reqd" reminder light to come on.  The reason I ask is I have less than 15,000 miles on this vehicle. I did the required tire rotation at around 5K and the 10,000 mile maintenance at appoximately 9,000 miles.  The "Maint Reqd" reminder came appeared at 14,??? miles.

Thank you for your time and patience, there are a lot of folks that really appreciate it.  Thank you.

This light is designed to turn on every 5000 miles, chances are that at the last service it was not reset, follow this procedure to reset the light:
Turn the ignition switch on
press the trip/odo switch until the display shows odometer mileage
push and hold the RESET switch
turn the key off and back on
the display should show broken lines and the maint light should flash and then return to normal
with the odometer reading shown
release the reset switch, the light should now stay off
let me know if this worked

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems