Toyota Repair/Sorry...back again

Question
QUESTION: The issue of our 2006 sienna sliding door is back. The problem seems to be that there is a button at the bottom back of the door  which pops up to keep the door open and goes down when the handle is pulled or auto-buttons are pushed, releasing the door. The button (or latch)only goes down when the handle is pulled, not when any inside buttons are pushed, so the door tries to open, but can't. (Sigh). Now what?
btw, we have a lot of kids, so i wish this were just a luxury.
thanx

ANSWER: Ok, so this button is keeping the door from opening and it only opens a little, is this correct?

QUESTION: Yes, that is exactly correct.

ANSWER: This is a safety feature that won't let the door open when getting fuel and the gas door is open, there is a malfunction there, does the gas door open light on the dash stay on?

QUESTION: That light isn't on, and the tank is on the opposite side.

Answer
Ok there are a number of things that can cause this including the sliding door computer, without doing some tests and diagnosing it's hard to say but in most cases the the computer causes this problem. Make sure no part of the door is making contact with the body, sometimes this problem can be caused by worn hinges and rollers on the top and bottom as well as on the rear of the door.

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter