Toyota Repair/car just will not start

Question
Hi, I have a 1994 Toyota Camry LE (4 cylinder), with 219,000 miles on it.  It's been running and idling rough for a week and this morning it made noises like it wanted to start but it didn't start.  I removed, cleaned, gapped, and replaced the spark plugs (first time trying that but I'm pretty sure I did it all correctly#.  That didn't help.  I hooked the battery charger up to it for about an hour, and no go.  I tried starting fluid, but that didn't work either.  We just got this car from a person #not a dealership) a couple of months ago.  I really need help. I just started a new job and can't get there on time without a car.  I would appreciate any help you could give. Thank you.

Answer
It sounds like it may have lost high voltage to the spark plugs, can you check this first, make sure the spark jumps across the spark plug electrode, just pull one of the plug wires connectors off and put a plug in the end check that spark jumps when cranking.
It's also very possible that the timing belt jumped or broke, remove the distributor cap and see if the rotor turns when cranking the engine/

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter