Toyota Repair/speed senor on 94 toy corolla

Question
QUESTION: hi i saw U answered a question about a 94 Toyota about speedometer stopped working car has trouble shifting when i first take off  OD light flash got code 42 said#1 speed sensor i replaced the sensor that goes to the transmission then U said there is another one at the speedometer O told the guy to switch out the speed that should fix the problem did it work or what should i try next don't want to keep purchasing parts that are not needed

ANSWER: Was the speedometer replaced, the other sensor is in the speedometer.

QUESTION: no i havent replaced anything but the speed senser in the trans but when it didnt fix the prob i unpluged it and there was no diffence hooked up or not is that normal and will the senor in the speedo make the car react like i discribed thaks pat

Answer
The speed sensor in the transmission send information to the #2 speed sensor in the speedometer and then it goes to the computer, it's possible that the speedometer still works but the signal out to the computer is missing. If the speedometer works then the speed sensor in the transmission is not the problem

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter