Toyota Repair/engine knocking

Have contacted you before. Good info.  My 2000 Toyota Corolla automatic has 130,000 miles.  For the last couple months there has been a knocking sound around the  lower  engine passenger side. Especially in cold weather. When it warms up it seems to go away.  In the area of possibly(?) the power steering pump maybe. ( could a bearing be going bad?) The PS pulley while stable has  a slight wobble. In the spring and Fall I spray WD40 on the pulleys to clean and lube. Seems to help the problem temporarily. Or could I be offbase.
Thanks again Ted.

This noise is common on the Corollas, it's the drive belt tensioner, it becomes weaker over time and starts to vibrate, this causes the noise, Toyota had even issued a service bulletin for this, the remedy is to replace the belt and the tensioner, aftermarket parts may be used, try to stay as close to OEM as possible, they are a little bit more expensive from the dealer.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems