Toyota Repair/Maintenance Guide

QUESTION: 2009 Toyota Matrix Base 1.8.  Really two questions:
Maintenance guide calls for "tighten drive shaft bolt".  This is in the sections for "Normal" driving and is not listed as one of the 4WD drive items.  What is a drive shaft bolt and does it really need to be tightened every 15K?
I am coming up on 60K, do I need anything besides what is in the maintenance guide (car running great)?  I am thinking of the usual items that repair places try to push like transmission, brake, coolant and differential fluids.

ANSWER: The 2WD model has no drivehafts, it has two front drive axles, nothing to tighten there
if automatic transmission, it uses WS type fluid that does not need to be changed until 90,000 miles or so, the same for the engine coolant.
Spark plugs are iridium, 120,000 service intervals
Here is what you should have done at 60,000 miles
change oil and filter/top off all fluids
replace the air filter
replace the cabin air filter
rotate and inspect the tires for wear
inspect the brakes and adjust if applicable
the rest is just a visual inspection for oil/coolant leaks, belt condition, inspect the underneath, exhaust system, suspension etc  

QUESTION: The drive shaft bolt is not listed as 4WD like the propeller shaft bolt and why would Toyota charge (a lot) for tightening it?  
And I should also not worry about deferential fluid?

There is no separate differential on 2WD models, the differentials are part of the transmission.
The owner's manual and the dealer recommendations list a lot of things "to tighten" or check in their maintenance schedule, doesn't mean the mechanic working on it will do any more than just a visual inspection

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter

I have more than 28 years experience as toyota technician, I will be able to answer most questions related to the Toyota product line up to the present year models,I am located in the US but welcome questions from other regions of the world. When asking a question please provide specific information: year,model, engine,transmission information. Provide as much information as possible including a brief repair history if possible. I have been a volunteer here for more ten years an have answered over 16,000 questions helping Toyota owners with their problems and save thousands of dollars without any compensation, some of my answers are published on many other websites including google and various automotive forums. DONATIONS ARE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED HELPFUL INFORMATION PLEASE MAKE A DONATION. AS OF TODAY (JULY 22, 2014) ALL REQUESTED GRAPHICS, ILLUSTRATIONS, DIAGRAMS, PHOTOS, WILL REQUIRE THE MINUMUM DONATION UP FRONT.

Toyota technician since 1979,expert in electrical systems,OBD systems,engine repair, driveability problems,EFI systems,ASE certified,Toyota master technician.
Certified Hybrid Vehicle technician.

Toyota master technician, ASE certified in eight catagories, Hybrid vehicle certified. Toyota technical training: Engine Automatic transmission Manual transmission Drivetrain Electrical systems Brakes and chassis Air conditioning Engine performance and diagnostics Hybrid systems