Toyota Repair/transmission

Question
we have an 03 matrix, with 244,000.  On 12/20/12 we had a new toyota transmission installed while my husband was out of town working in UT, part # LHM1671582.  It is now 5/3/13 and the transmission has gone out again and we live in Ohio, we paid 3,573.44 for the work done on the car and our paperwork says we have a one year unlimited miles warranty, I have called several Toyota Dealerships here in Ohio and all the service departments says they are unable to help us, that we would have to go back to the auto place that put in transmission in originally, is that information correct or is there something Toyota can help us with?

Answer
Hello, sorry to hear about your misfortune with the transmission,
Toyota dealers will only honor warranties if another Toyota dealer installed a Toyota remanufactured transmission. If installed at an independent garage and an aftermarket remanufactured transmission was used then they will not cover it.
The part number you mentioned does not look like a Toyota part number
The questions I have for you are:
Where was the transmission installed (authorized Toyota dealer or elsewhere?)
If elsewhere was the transmission supplied by the Toyota dealer?
Please read the warranty coverage closely, it must be very specific if a dealer is responsible for the warranty or an independent shop has issued the warranty. If you have an invoice the warranty declarations are very specific in writing.  

Toyota Repair

Ted Ritter